Complete course curriculum
Worksop 1: The Pelvis, posture and the pelvic floor (3 hours)
Exploring the pelvis:
- Feeling and knowing the pelvic bones.
- Pelvic centric movements - shimmy!
- The balancing system of the head, pelvis and feet.
Finding a balanced posture:
- The relationship of the pelvis and posture.
- The relationship of the feet to the pelvis, posture and pelvic floor.
- Understanding influences on posture and how to return to balance (no good or bad posture!)
The pelvic floor
- To squeeze or not to squeeze?
- Effective engagement of the pelvic floor.
- Integrating pelvic floor awareness and engagement into movement.
Workshop 2: The grey areas teaching pregnancy yoga, the dos, the don't and the maybes! (3 hours)
Pregnancy is full of dos and don'ts, yet who knows her body and her baby the best, she does, our role as yoga teachers is to simply empower this!
- Yoga in the first trimester, to practise or not?
- What is the current advice around supine lying and why?
- Guidance for breath work and pranayama.
- Asanas to do or not to do, including adho mukha svanasana, baddha konasana, twists, squats, inversions and back bends?!
- Understanding the impact of pregnancy on the pelvis, core and posture. Are we creating conditions to exacerbate postnatal conditions such as diastasis recti?
- Teaching the pregnant experienced yogi.
Workshop 3: Teaching yoga postnatally safely and effectively (3 hours)
- Understanding the body postnatally.
- The impact of breastfeeding on a yoga practise.
- Postnatal rehab for diastasis recti.
- Postnatal rehab for pelvic floor issues, including prolapse.
- Support for other common postpartum conditions.
Workshop 4: The business of teaching pregnancy and postnatal yoga, only available as part of this training (1 hour)
- Creating a mindset of service and communities for mums and mums to be.
- When and where to teach pregnancy and mum & baby yoga classes.
- What to charge and how to charge it.
- Options for online offerings.
- Simple, but effective on-going marketing (that's not all social media!)