Most foundation yoga teacher training courses devote at best a couple of hours on how to adjust a yoga practise to accommodate a pregnant woman, yet the likelihood is at some point most yoga teachers will probably find that one of their regular students becomes pregnant or a pregnant woman unexpectedly joins the class. Concern or fear when teaching yoga to a pregnant women is an all too common problem for yoga teachers, especially for newly qualified teachers.
This Yoga Alliance Professionals further training course (8 hours CPD), will give you the confidence to teach women who are pregnant safely and integrate them effectively into your general yoga classes, using easy to remember principles of support, soften and space. You will also be able to advise a woman when a general yoga class may not be suitable during their pregnancy. This further training course will also serve as an excellent foundation to any teacher considering taking additional specialist training in pregnancy and postnatal yoga.
This is such an important time during a woman’s life and yoga can be so beneficial in helping to reduce aches and pains and encourage women to nurture themselves and their babies, the more opportunity they have to access yoga the better.
This course is ideal if you are:
- Looking to enhance your knowledge and skills as a general yoga teacher.
- Wanting to feel confident at teaching yoga to a pregnant woman.
- One of your regular students has become pregnant and wishes to continue to attend your class.
- You are considering completing specialist training in pregnancy yoga.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Teach pregnant women with more confidence and integrate them safely into your general classes, using the easy to remember principles of support, soften and space.
- Offer pregnant women specific modifications to their practise.
- Discuss the hormonal and bodily changes that impact a yoga practise as pregnancy progresses.
- Discuss common problems that occur and how yoga can help.
- Identify women who should attend a dedicate pregnancy yoga class.
Please note this course will not train you to teach a dedicate pregnancy yoga class.
The course is self-paced online training, with tutor interaction. You can start this course anytime and complete it at your own pace. Amy is available to support and interact with you as you progress through the course and beyond. After completion of this course you will have on-going life-time access to all content and will be awarded 8 hours of further training (CPD)
Course content includes:
- Self-paced training videos, with on-going access to course content after completion (3 hours)
- Opportunity to observe live pregnancy classes taught by Amy (2 hours)
- Recordings of pregnancy yoga classes with Amy (2 hours)
- Self-study, reading and self-quiz (1 hour)
- Tutor interaction, Amy is available via email ([email protected]) to answer any questions you have whilst you study and beyond.
- Opportunity to join Amy's yoga teacher community for on-going support and mentoring.